Board of Directors elections will be held in late summer 2020. If you are interested in serving on the board please contact us. If there are open positions we can fill those immediately prior to the 2020 elections.
The Asset SIG operate according to the requirements set forth in its bylaws.
- The OAUG Assets SIG (Special Interest Group) founded in November 1999 is a recognized group of the OAUG (Oracle Applications Users Group) and is independent of Oracle Corporation. It was formed in response to OAUG Objectives to promote the formation of special interest groups focused on Oracle Applications for the exchange and dissemination of information.
- The OAUG Assets SIG addresses topics relevant to the Oracle Assets Application. In doing so, it provides a forum for sharing information and experiences about Oracle and for learning about future product enhancements and changes. Additionally, it provides members with a means of submitting strategic product enhancement requests to Oracle Corporation.
- The Bylaws of the OAUG Assets SIG are compiled and approved by the group's Organizing Committee. Following their approval, the Bylaws will be subject to amendment only as prescribed by the OAUG Assets SIG Bylaws.
- The Organizing Chairpersons of the OAUG Assets SIG are:
Co-Coordinator: Rubin Giro, Redhat Email
Communications Chairperson: Open
Enhancements Chairperson: Mike Kambesis, O2Works Email
European Chairperson: Open
Asia-Pacific Chairperson: Open
- As the Organizing Group Coordinator, Brian Bouchard will serve in this role until an election of Officers can be held according to OAUG Assets SIG Bylaws. The Organizing Group Coordinator will appoint an Organizing Committee who, in addition to the Organizing Group Coordinator, will serve as Officers until an election of Officers can be held according to the OAUG Assets SIG's Bylaws.
- Anyone wishing to submit comments, questions, suggestions, feedback or other correspondence to the OAUG Assets SIG may contact Brian Bouchard at the address listed above.
This Charter can be amended only as prescribed by the OAUG Assets SIG Bylaws.
- The name of this group is the Oracle Assets Special Interest Group, which may be abbreviated as FA SIG or Oracle Assets SIG.
- Membership in the Oracle Assets SIG shall be open to anyone interested in Oracle Applications, regardless of profession, whose employer is a member in good standing of the Oracle Applications Users Group (OAUG), or who is an individual member in good standing of OAUG.
- The Secretary/Treasurer of the Oracle Assets SIG will be responsible for maintaining the membership list. This list will be updated once annually.
- Meetings will generally be open to anyone interested in attending. The Board may, at its discretion, call special meetings open to members only.
- All members in good standing shall have the right to vote.
- Each company or organization represented on the Oracle Assets SIG shall be entitled to one (1) vote regardless of the number of SIG members belonging to that company or organization.
- In no case shall any one individual be entitled to more than one (1) vote.
- Dues and Fees. Members of the Oracle Assets SIG are not required to pay dues or fees.
- Group Coordinator. The Oracle Assets SIG Coordinator is responsible for:
- Developing and implementing by-laws for the group in accordance with national, regional or state requirement
- Following all OAUG policies and procedure
- Maintaining and providing Group Affiliation Forms to OAUG annuall
- Maintaining current group contact information
- Providing OAUG with group membership information semi-annually (March 31st and November 15th
- Promoting OAUG membership and ongoing relationship development between group member
- Two meetings per year with at least 10 members presen
- Maintaining group records and meeting minutes in accordance to set by-law
- Volunteer committee development
- Group administration and maintenance
- Co-Coordinator. The Co-Coordinator is responsible for:
- Assisting and supporting the Chairperson in all capacities
- Assuming the responsibilities of the Chairperson if he/she should be unavailable
- Identifying ways to increase the group's membership or improve meetings and participation
- Secretary/Treasurer. The Secretary/Treasurer is responsible for:
- Recording and documenting information discussed and decided upon at the meetings
- Publishing meeting minute
- Managing the action item list and maintaining all other document
- Receipt, maintenance, and disbursement of all funds of the group
- Management and maintenance of membership list
- European Chairperson. The European Chairperson is responsible for:
- Organizing an annual meeting of the Oracle Assets SIG at the European OAUG conference
- Act as a liaison with the US Chapter of the Oracle Asset SIG
- Ensuring that the European Chapter complies with the Asset SIG charter and by-laws as well as OAUG guideline
- Asia-Pacific Chairperson. The Asia-Pacific Chairperson is responsible for:
- Organizing an annual meeting of the Oracle Assets SIG at the Asia-Pacific OAUG conference
- Act as a liaison with the US Chapter of the Oracle Asset SIG
- Ensuring that the Asia-Pacific Chapter complies with the Asset SIG charter and by-laws as well as OAUG guideline
- Enhancement Chairperson. The Enhancement Chairperson is responsible for:
- Coordinating all strategic enhancement requests originating from the Oracle Assets SIG
- Editing all submitted enhancements from the SIG and communicating the status of enhancements to group member
- Communicating strategic enhancements to the OAUG Enhancement Chair
- Collectively, the Officers shall be referred to as the Board
Members wishing to volunteer for Officer positions in the Oracle Assets SIG may declare his or her candidacy during the first quarter of the calendar year in which the desired position is due for election. Should more than one member volunteer for a position, a vote will be held at the SIG's semi-annual meeting at the OAUG spring conference. Uncontested positions are subject to approval by the current board.
Terms of Office Duly elected Officers of the Oracle Assets SIG shall serve a term of two years. There is no limit to the number of terms that an Officer may serve. Terms shall commence on April 1 of the year the position is open for uncontested positions or on the date of the Spring SIG meeting when a vote is required.
Vacancies The Board of Directors may fill vacancies that occur during the middle of a term for the balance of the unexpired term.
- The Oracle Assets will hold a minimum of two meetings per year. These meetings will be held at the semi-annual OAUG conferences.
- Administrative business of the SIG (including, but not limited to election of Officers, amendments to the Charter and amendments to the By-laws) will be conducted at the semi-annual conference meetings, pending a presence of a quorum of voting members. A quorum will consist of no fewer than one-third (1/3) of the voting members. In the absence of a quorum, voting will be conducted in a manner determined by the Officers which may include mail-in ballots, email, and telephone balloting.
- Membership, mailing lists or attendance at Conference meetings may not be used for the purpose of employment recruiting.
AMENDMENT OF BY-LAWS
- Proposed changes to the By-laws of the Oracle Assets SIG will be voted upon no more than once annually.
- By-laws may be amended by a majority vote of the attending members at a meeting where a quorum is present.
- Proposed changes to the By-laws shall be submitted in writing to the Chairperson of the Oracle Assets SIG who shall oversee their distribution to the members prior to the next meeting.
- Communication Chairperson. The Communication Chairperson is responsible for the development and maintenance of the Asset SIG website as well as other communications mechanisms. The Communication Chairperson shall serve a term of two years and may solicit assistance from other members to form a communication staff.
- Newsletter Editor. The Newsletter Editor is responsible for managing the publication of the quarterly Oracle Assets SIG Newsletter and handling submissions from the community to OAUG publications. The Newsletter Editor shall serve a term of two years and may solicit assistance from other members to form a newsletter staff.
- Oracle Liaison. The Oracle Liaison is an employee of Oracle Corporation who has responsibilities associated with the Oracle Assets Product. This individual acts as a resource to the SIG by providing a direct contact within Oracle to obtain answers to questions or concerns related to Oracle Corporation and software, assisting with obtaining Oracle resources to participate in meetings, and providing overall support of the Oracle Assets SIG. This liaison is selected by the group and will serve as long as Oracle management permits or until the Oracle Assets SIG requests a change.
AMENDMENT OF CHARTER
- Proposed changes to the Charter of the Oracle Assets SIG will be voted upon no more than once annually.
- The Charter may be amended by a majority vote of all members.
- Proposed changes to the Charter shall be submitted in writing to the Chairperson of the Oracle Assets SIG who shall oversee their distribution to the members prior to the next meeting.